Land remediation update
Now that the Pigeon Valley fire is controlled, we will be working towards remediating damage caused by the fire and equipment used to contain it. Landowners/leaseholders need to initially utilise their insurance cover. Where there is no cover or the cover is insufficient, the next alternative is to ...

Make a submission, objection or appeal

You may be able to make a submission before a decision on a consent application is made, or an objection or appeal after we have made a decision on a consent application.

Before the decision is made

Before we make a decision to garnt or refuse a consent application, you may be able to make a submission to the Council presenting your point of view on it. You can make a submission if we have either:

  • publicly notified the application by publishing a notice on our website and advertising in the public notices section of the newspaper, or
  • served notice on you by letter since we think that the proposed activity may have an adverse effect on you.

After the decision is made

After a consent is granted, you may be able to make an objection to the us about the decision. You can make an objection if you're the applicant and:

  • your application was not notified, or
  • the application was notified (limited or full notification), but no submissions were received.

After a decison is made on a consent application, you may also be able to make an appeal to the Environment Court. You can make an appeal if:

  • you're the applicant and the consent was refused,
  • you're the applicant and the consent was granted, but you strongly disagree with some conditions we put on the consent, or
  • you made a submission on the consent before it was granted and you were in opposition, or there are conditions that you disagree with, or want other conditions put on the consent.
How do I make a submission?
How do I make an objection?
How do I make an appeal?

Last modified: