Activity Management Plans describe the activity and identify the assets needed to undertake the activity.
For example, the Water Supply activity is dependent on the council having water intakes, water treatment plants, pipes, and so on.
The plans also:
- Outline the level of service that the Council will provide to the public over at least a ten-year period from when the Plan was prepared;
- Outline the performance measures the Council will monitor to check whether it is delivering the proposed level of service;
- Provide information on how the activity will be funded;
- Provide information on any new projects or expenditure that will be required during the ten years;
- Outline the assumptions Council has used in preparing the Plan and the uncertainties and risks involved in undertaking the activity.
These plans provide the base information for the preparation of our Long Term Plan and Annual Plan.