Graphic showing rates revenue increase and proposed net debt at the end of 2019/2020
Before the drought and Civil Defence response to the Pigeon Valley fire we had been in the process of planning our work programme for the coming year.
We are aiming to maintain and improve our infrastructure, respond to continued population growth and manage natural resources.
At the same time we remain focused on keeping rates affordable and the Council’s debt well managed.
As there are few changes from the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 we are not consulting on the Annual Plan this time.
Check your rates for next year
You can get an estimate of the rates level for your property in 2019/2020 by using our rates search.
Rates search - find indicative rates
You can see what we have planned for the 2019/2020 year by viewing the key documents.
Proposed Annual Plan 2019-2020 (pdf, 931 KB) - summary information from 8 March 2019 Newsline
Proposed Annual Plan 2019-2020 - District-wide programmes and Ward Projects (pdf, 780 KB)
Draft Funding Impact Statement 2019-2020 (pdf, 17 MB) – provides details of the different rates that Council will collect in 2019/2020 and their levels.
Summary of Draft Financial Information 2019-2020 (pdf, 343 KB)
Adoption set for 31 May
The council is due to adopt its Annual Plan 2019/2020 on 31 May 2019. We are keeping to our intentions for 2019/2020 as set out in the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 as much as possible.
Public meetings for the Annual Plan 2019/2020
- Moutere Hills Community Centre community room, Moutere Highway.
- Thursday 11 April, 7:00pm
- St John’s Centre, 120 Edward Street
- Monday 15 April 2019, 7:30pm
- Tasman District Council Motueka Service Centre, 7 Hickmott Place
- Tuesday 16 April, 4:30pm
- Tapawera Community Centre, 95 Main Road
- Tuesday 16 April, 8:00pm
- Tasman School Hall, Aporo Road
- Wednesday 24 April 2019 7:30pm
Waimea Family Day
- Easby Park, Marlborough Crescent
- Sunday 24 March 1pm – 4pm
- Brightwater School, 106 Ellis Street
- Monday 1 April, 7:30pm
- Murchision Emergency Services Incorporated building, 124 Fairfax Street
- Monday 8 April, 1:15pm
- Mapua Village Hall, 72 Aranui Road
- Monday 8 April, 7:00pm
- Tasman District Council Golden Bay Service Centre, 78 Commercial Street
- Tuesday 9 April, 9:30am