Water rationing on the Waimea Plains continues for the week of 21 January. 

Urban users

Watering restrictions are in place for everyone connected to urban water supplies in Richmond, Mapua – Ruby Bay, Brightwater, Wakefield, and Hope, and their rural extensions.

Only hand-held hosing of gardens every second day is permitted according to your house number – i.e. if you have an even house number you may water on the even number calendar dates.

For water consent holders

Stage One rationing means a cut in use by 20 percent of consented water take levels.

Restrictions apply in in the Upper Catchment, Reservoir, Waimea West, Delta, Golden Hills, and the Upper Confined Aquifer zones on the Waimea Plains.

Read the press release.