We’re reviewing the way we manage Moutere/Waimea Ward parks and reserves, and we need your help
to make sure these public spaces suit locals and visitors now and in the future.
Over the next few months, we’ll be asking you to tell us which reserves you use regularly, what you love about them, and any changes you would like to see to the way they are used or managed.
The most important thing we want to know is: What’s your vision for their future?
The way we manage them was last reviewed in the year 2000, so it’s time we update and refresh the management plan.
This initial round of consultation is open until 31 March 2020 and will help us write a first draft of the management plan. There will be another opportunity to comment on the draft plan itself in the second half of 2020.
Have your say
There are several options for sharing your ideas with us:
- Fill out our online survey(external link)
- In writing: You are welcome to submit written comments and suggestions, either
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post c/- Anna Gerraty, Strategic Policy Team, Tasman District Council, 189 Queen Street, Private Bag 4, Richmond Nelson, 7050.
- In person: Anna is happy to speak to your group or community organisation. Phone her on 03 543 7281 to arrange a time.
Visit the project page for more information.
You are invited under s.41(5) Reserves Act 1977 to send written suggestions to Tasman District Council on the proposal to prepare a management plan for Moutere/Waimea Ward reserves. This consultation round is open until 31 March 2020.