Community halls around our region will benefit from a $400,000 funding boost announced by Minister of Regional Economic Development, Shane Jones.
Tasman District Council staff applied for funding through the Provincial Growth Fund and the news that the applications were successful has been welcomed.
The money allocated will be used in various locations around the region to carry out much-needed improvements to these well-used community facilities.
- Motueka Recreation Centre: Section of sports hall roof replaced, roof vents installed, insulation added to the ceiling and walls of the sports hall and lighting upgraded to LEDs.
- Murchison Sport, Recreation and Cultural Centre: Construction of a new storage shed to house equipment.
- Spring Grove Drill Hall - roof replacement and exterior painting.
- Collingwood Memorial Hall - interior painting of the toilets and the Community Library.
- Lower Moutere Memorial Hall – interior painting of the hall.
“This funding is a real bonus for everyone who uses these facilities. It’s good that we’ll be making these improvements sooner than planned for our residents to enjoy the benefits”, said Mayor Tim King.