Tasman District Council are consulting on a proposal that has been put forward to make two amendments to the Dog Control Bylaw in Golden Bay.
• Allowing dogs under leash control to come back into Commercial Street, Takaka at all times; and
• Allowing dogs back onto Tata Beach all year round except from sunset until 8.30 am every day.
This consultation is an opportunity for the Council to consider your views before the decisions are made. There will be no right to appeal once the decisions have been made.
Please note that submissions must be received by Tasman District Council by 4.30pm on Wednesday 19 August 2020.
Read the full statement of proposal online [PDF, 631 KB] or at Tasman District Council Service Centres and libraries.
Submissions can be:
• Post to: Dog Control Bylaw Consultation GB Tasman District Council Private Bag 4 Richmond 7050
• Fax to: 03 543 9524 Attn: Dog Control Bylaw Consultation GB
• Deliver to: Tasman District Council Attn: Dog Control Bylaw Consultation GB 189 Queen Street, Richmond, or 92 Fairfax Street, Murchison, or 7 Hickmott Place, Motueka, or 78 Commercial Street, Takaka
• Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Hearings will be held on 26 August for those that wish to speak to their submissions.