Trading in public places

Council controls certain activities that may take place in a public place. This page explains when licences or permits are required, and how to apply.

The types of activities that will require a licence or a permit are:

  • Mobile shops
  • Commercial services - photographs, portraits or soliciting commercial sexual services
  • Hawkers
  • Busking
  • Soliciting donations or selling raffle tickets.


Mobile shops and traders
Commercial services licence
Hawkers - door-to-door sales
Buskers and street performers
Soliciting donations or selling lottery or raffle tickets

Contact the Environmental Health team

Here's how to get in touch:

Phone: 03 5438400 ask for Environmental Health



Related pages