Land remediation update
Now that the Pigeon Valley fire is controlled, we will be working towards remediating damage caused by the fire and equipment used to contain it. Landowners/leaseholders need to initially utilise their insurance cover. Where there is no cover or the cover is insufficient, the next alternative is to ...


All hairdressers must renew their registration each year.

Whether operating from a commercial premises or a private home, all Hairdressing premises must comply with the Health (Hairdressing) Regulations 1980.

Environmental Health officer can help you with this. They can do preliminary inspections at any stage of the initial set up.

The basic requirements are:

  • All wettable areas must be continuously smooth, impervious to water and readily cleanable;
  • Ventilation and lighting must be adequate;
  • There must be hot and cold running water and separate sinks for hand washing, shampooing, utensil washing and any other needs;
  • You must organise management of premises cleaning, building maintenance, pest control and chemical storage.

How to register

When you are ready to open, contact Environmental Health for an inspection and apply for a certificate of registration. A fee will apply. Once the Environmental Health Officer has approved the registration you can open and trade.


Further information

Environmental Health fees - food businesses and licences

Last modified: