Alert Level 2 - COVID-19
We need to  'Unite against COVID-19'. Go to  to find out the latest information on COVID-19. Urgent Welfare needs: If you can’t access food or essential items yourself or with the help of whānau, friends, iwi, neighbours or community providers, there is urgent assistance ...

Other licences and permits

Home » My Business » Other licences and permits

If you're wanting to complete work on any public space or Council-owned road reserve, you will need approval.

Find out when a permit is required and how to get one.

Licences are required for commercial vessel operators, and must be renewed by 31 October each year.

All hairdressers must renew their registration each year.

Council controls certain activities that may take place in a public place. This page explains when licences or permits are required, and how to apply.

Explore the rules around roadside signage.

The Council may approve the temporary closure of roads for events, maintenance, construction and during unforeseen events. You must apply 60 days before a road closure is needed for non-urgent work.